Thursday, June 22, 2023

Grateful for God’s Presence

“Lord, I have loved the habitation of Your house,
And the place where Your glory dwells.” [1]

“One thing I have desired of the Lord,
That will I seek:
That I may dwell in the house of the Lord
All the days of my life,
To behold the beauty of the Lord,
And to inquire in His temple.” [2]

“I love Thy kingdom, Lord,
The house of Thine abode,
The Church our blest Redeemer saved
With His own precious blood.

I love Thy Church, O God,
Her walls before Thee stand,
Dear as the apple of Thine eye
And graven on Thy hand.

Beyond my highest joy
I prize her heavenly ways
Her sweet communion, solemn vows,
Her hymns of love and praise.” [3]

[1] Psalm 26:8
[2] Psalm 27:4
[3] “I Love Thy Kingdom Lord” stanzas 1-2, 5, by Timothy Dwight

No comments:

Post a Comment