Thursday, February 11, 2021

The Matchless Worth of Christ

Throughout my life, I have been blessed to attend churches where songs of praise to the Lord for salvation and many other blessings are sung. The Lord has blessed me with people who love the Lord and enjoy His presence. Glory to God!

The following verses from my morning time in God’s Word speak of the glory of God’s presence...

“So, the Lord spoke to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend. And He [the Lord] said, ‘My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.’” [1]

“As for the saints who are on the earth, they are the excellent ones, in whom is all my delight.”

“I have set the Lord always before me; because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved.”

“You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.”

“Keep me as the apple of Your eye; hide me under the shadow of Your wings.”

“As for me, I will see Your face in righteousness; I shall be satisfied when I awake in Your likeness.” [2]

“...At the house of Simon the leper...
A woman with an alabaster flask of...
Very costly oil of spikenard.
She broke the flask and poured it on His head.

Some were angry.
Some said, ‘Why this waste?’

But Jesus said, ‘Let her alone.’
‘Why trouble her?
She has done a good work for Me.
The poor are with you always.
Whenever you wish you may do them good;
But Me you do not always have.

She has done what she could.
She has anointed My body for burial.
Assuredly, I say to you...
Wherever this Gospel is preached...
In the whole world...
What this woman has done...
Will also be told as a memorial to her.” [3]

“The high priest asked Him...
‘Are You the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?’
Jesus said, ‘I am.’
‘And you will see the Son of Man sitting at...
The right hand of the Power,
And coming with the clouds of heaven.’” [4]

[1] Exodus 33:11, 14
[2] Psalms 16:3, 8, 11; 17:8, 15
[3] Mark 14:3-9
[4] Mark 14:61-62

No comments:

Post a Comment