Monday, December 7, 2020

TO KNOW HIM AND MAKE HIM KNOWN

Youth With A Mission (YWAM) has a great mission statement:

“TO KNOW HIM AND MAKE HIM KNOWN”

Jesus prayed for us, “This is eternal life, that they may KNOW YOU, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.” [1]

How do we know God? The answer is through the Bible.

The following petitions based on Psalm 119 are prayers to better know God through His Word.

“Dear Heavenly Father, please…

Open our eyes to see blessings in Your Word.
Revive and strengthen our soul with Your Word.
Turn (T) our eyes from worthless Visions (V) – (TV)
Establish us in Your Word!
Comfort and make us alive in Your Word!
Keep us in Your Word even if affliction is necessary!
Help us love Your Word more than money!
Restrain us from evil ways so we keep Your Word!
Make Your Word sweet to our taste!
Wake us up before dawn to hope in Your Word!”

The actual verses from Psalm 119:

“Open my eyes, that I may see wondrous things from Your law.

My soul clings to the dust; revive me according to Your Word.”

My soul melts from heaviness; strengthen me according to Your Word.

Turn away mine eyes from beholding Vanity; and quicken Thou me in Thy way. (KJV)

Establish Your word to Your servant, who is devoted to fearing You.

This is my comfort in my affliction, for Your word has given me life.

Before I was afflicted, I went astray, but now I keep Your word.

The law of Your mouth is better to me than thousands of coins of gold and silver.

I have restrained my feet from every evil way, that I may keep Your word.

How sweet are Your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!

I rise before the dawning of the morning, and cry for help; I hope in Your Word.” [2]

“Dear Heavenly Father, may we know You and make You known. This we ask in the name of Your Son Jesus Christ! Amen.”

[1] John 17:3
[2] Psalm 119:18, 25, 28, 37-38, 50, 67, 72, 101, 147

No comments:

Post a Comment