Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Saved By the Lord from an Inescapable Pit

We may not be able to derive hope, mercy or faithfulness from people or circumstances around us. But the Lord is able to provide for our emotional needs by His Spirit. Jeremiah urged those around him who were suffering to wait on the Lord. Seek Him! The Lord would save them.

“This I recall to my mind therefore, I have hope. Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the soul who seeks Him. It is good that one should hope and wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.” [1]

Yes, examine yourself amid losses, but turn to the Lord. He is the key to your victory. Lift up your heart and hands to God! Call upon the Name of the Lord. He delivers from the lowest pit. He responds to your call for help.”

“Let us search out and examine our ways and turn back to the Lord; let us lift our hearts and hands to God in heaven. I called on Your name, O Lord, from the lowest pit. You have heard my voice: do not hide Your ear from my sighing, from my cry for help.” [2]

The Lord is our soul’s advocate. He redeems us from the damage of wrongs done to us. He judges our case with a heart that empathizes with our suffering.

“O Lord, You have pleaded the case for my soul; You have redeemed my life. O Lord, You have seen how I am wronged; judge my case.” [3]

Jesus made a promise to those who mourn losses. He made a promise to those who have been deprived of righteousness. “Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted. Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled.” [4]

[1] Lamentations 3:21-23, 25-26
[2] Lamentations 3:40-41, 55-56
[3] Lamentations 3:58-59
[4] Matthew 5:4, 6

No comments:

Post a Comment