Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Adoration

“My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and give praise. Awake, my glory! Awake, lute and harp! I will awaken the dawn.

I will praise You, O Lord, among the peoples; I will sing to You among the nations. For Your mercy reaches unto the heavens, and Your truth unto the clouds.

Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be above all the earth.” [1]

We have hearts! We have voices! Perhaps, we have musical instruments! Let us sing and praise the Lord. Let us exalt Him! Let us give Him glory for He is worthy!

Things of earth grow strangely dim in the light of His glory and grace.

God is our Father! Christ is our Redeemer! The Holy Spirit is our Wonderful Counselor!

I am attaching a link to a song that helped me in my praise and worship life back in 1984.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf2BiO4NETs

Sherry and I were running a homeless shelter in Columbia, Missouri. She was expecting our firstborn child – Grace. From an earthly perspective, we were poor. Some of the homeless people that we served had violent tendencies.

Even so, the Gospel was changing lives, and that was beautiful. The Holy Spirit kept giving us songs to sing to the Lord. He moved on a brother in Christ named Jimmy Heath to give me a cassette tape by Mike Adkins entitled, “Thank You for the Dove.” I listened to and sang the “Adoration” song over and over. Missouri University Hospital allowed us to play this tape in the delivery room while our daughter was born. The song that played as she entered the world was, “Be at peace my child! I am aware of you!” Praise the Lord!

Now, as I reflect on that time, I thank God for filling us with His praises. As our eyes were fixed on Him, we weathered storm after storm with peace and joy.

May your life be filled with the high praise of God today! May He sing over you! May You rest in His love!

[1] Psalm 57:7-11

No comments:

Post a Comment