Sunday, July 2, 2023

From Blasphemer to Believer

Dr. Hugh Ross with Reasons to Believe tells the story of a Dr. Bruce...

“In the early 1990s, two of my medical colleagues began to question me about my Christian beliefs. I was stunned by their ferocity and efforts to shake my faith. They succeeded. Doubts began to seep into my everyday thoughts. Why did I believe what I believed? And, just what did I believe? That and other factors led me into a deep, crippling depressive episode. This was a major milestone in my life, a depression that left me paralyzed with fear.”

[Dr. Bruce’s faith was restored as he read apologetic articles at the Reasons to Believe website. Afterwards, he wrote...]

“A nurse with whom I worked shared with me how her husband would ‘persecute’ her because of her Christianity. She described him as a “rabid” atheist. He was a fellow physician in our community. I told her to challenge her husband to explore the questions he was asking at reasons.org. [He did.]

“He was so moved that he started reading his wife’s Bible at midnight, and by the next afternoon, this atheist had given his life to Christ!”

“Those colleagues of mine who were derisively asking me questions? Now they have respect for me and often turn to me for personal advice on spiritual matters. Their scorn has turned to respect and honest, open conversations about the truthfulness of the Christian worldview.”

“I was formerly a blasphemer, a persecutor, and an insolent man; but I obtained mercy because I did it ignorantly in unbelief. And the grace of our Lord was exceedingly abundant, with faith and love which are in Christ Jesus.” [1]

“Dear Heavenly Father, please turn more and more people from blasphemy to believing in Your Son Jesus Christ by the power of Your Holy Spirit via the Gospel message, that by Your abundant grace they may be saved and experience salvation. In Jesus’ Name, I pray. Amen.”

[1] 1 Timothy 1:13-14

No comments:

Post a Comment