Wednesday, March 2, 2022

A Lamb In The Savior's Arms

“The humble status of a shepherd may be one reason Jesus chose that title when He described His relationship with us. Identifying as a Shepherd demonstrated Christ’s meekness and emphasized the fact that He came for even the lowliest of the low.” [1]

Jesus was not ashamed to introduce Himself to others as a shepherd. He said, “I am the Good Shepherd. I know My own and My own know Me.” [2]

Jesus is the Messiah that King David prophesied about in the Old Testament...

“The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters.” [3]

Our Good Shepherd protects and cares for His sheep...

“He will tend His flock like a shepherd; He will gather the lambs in His arms; He will carry them in His bosom, and gently lead those that are with young.” [4]

I’m so glad that Jesus is willing to carrying me and others like me in His arms. Close to His heart! I need Him for sustenance. I need Him for protection. I need to be led gently.

All the nations shall be gathered before Jesus, “and He will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.” [5] Meaning that He knows His sheep. He will not forget us on the last day.

Jesus is also called “the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!” [6]

“To be called a Lamb of God means that God gave Jesus to be killed like a lamb for our sins so we could live forever.” The majority of Old Testament passages that mention “lamb” refer to a sacrifice (85 out of 96). As a nation, Israel began its history by putting lamb’s blood on the doorposts and lintels of each house.” [7]

“All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned—every one—to his own way; and the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all.” [8] God placed the iniquity of all sinners on Jesus. To embrace and confess Jesus is to appropriate what He did for you on the cross when He became a sacrifice for your sin. God forgives the sins of those who believe in Jesus.

“Worthy is the Lamb who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing!” [9] This is the chant of those in heaven. They are there because of what JESUS did here. Glory to His Name!

[1] gotquestoins.org
[2] John 10:14
[3] Psalm 23:1-2
[4] Isaiah 40:11

No comments:

Post a Comment