Sunday, October 10, 2021

Where Is The Love?

God called Jeremiah to be a mouthpiece for Him. He reluctantly obeyed the Lord due to a sense of his youthful inexperience, but the Lord promised to be with Him.

God gave Jeremiah a lament. God’s lament was that He was a lover who loved His people well, but they were an unfaithful and kept their distance from Him.

“What injustice have your fathers found in Me, that they have gone far from Me...?” [1]

“I brought you into a bountiful country, to eat its fruit and its goodness. but when you entered, you defiled My land and made My heritage an abomination. The priests did not say, ‘Where is the Lord?’ and those who handle the law did not know Me; the rulers also transgressed against Me; the prophets prophesied by Baal and walked after things that do not profit.” [2]

“Has a nation changed its gods, which are not gods? But My people have changed their Glory for what does not profit.” [3]

“My people have committed two evils: they have forsaken Me, the fountain of living waters, and hewn themselves cisterns—broken cisterns that can hold no water.” [4]

“Your own wickedness will correct you, and your backslidings will rebuke you. Know therefore and see that it is an evil and bitter thing that you have forsaken the Lord your God, and the fear of Me is not in you, says the Lord God of hosts.” [5]

“I had planted you a noble vine, a seed of highest quality. How then have you turned before Me into the degenerate plant of an alien vine?” [6]

“But you said, ‘There is no hope. No! For I have loved aliens, and after them I will go.’” [7]

“They have turned their back to Me, and not their face. but in the time of their trouble they will say, ‘Arise and save us.’ But where are your gods that you have made for yourselves? Let them arise, if they can save you in the time of your trouble; for according to the number of your cities are your gods, O Judah.” [8]

“In vain I have chastened your children; they received no correction.” [9]

“My people have forgotten Me days without number.” “Yet you say, ‘Because I am innocent, surely His anger shall turn from me.’ Behold, I will plead My case against you because you say, ‘I have not sinned.’” [10]

“The Lord has rejected your trusted allies, and you will not prosper by them.” [11]

“Dear Heavenly Father, You with Your Son Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit are the source of pure love. Please forgive us for not loving as we should. Please help us to honor You by loving You and by inspiring others to do the same. We do love You want, but to love You more. In Jesus’ Name, we pray. Amen.”

[1] Jeremiah 2:4
[2] Jeremiah 2:7-8
[3] Jeremiah 2:11
[4] Jeremiah 2:14
[5] Jeremiah 2:19
[6] Jeremiah 2:21
[7] Jeremiah 2:25
[8] Jeremiah 2:27-28
[9] Jeremiah 2:30
[10] Jeremiah 2:32, 35
[11] Jeremiah 2:37

No comments:

Post a Comment