Sunday, October 17, 2021

In God Alone is our Life and Hope

Rejoicing in God’s Word… being happy to be identified with Him:

“Your words were found, and I ate them, and Your word was to me the joy and rejoicing of my heart; for I am called by Your name, O Lord God of hosts.” Jeremiah 15:16

The enemy of humanity’s soul opposes those who delight in God’s Word and speak it faithfully for people to hear it. Thankfully, the Lord is aware of the schemes of the wicked even more than we are.
 
“I will deliver you from the hand of the wicked, and I will redeem you from the grip of the terrible.” Jeremiah 15:21

I Know that My Redeemer Lives (hymn by Samuel Medley, verses 3-6, 8):

He lives to bless me with His love,
He lives to plead for me above,
He lives my hungry soul to feed,
He lives to help in time of need.

He lives to grant me rich supply,
He lives to guide me with His eye,
He lives to comfort me when faint,
He lives to hear my soul’s complaint.

He lives to silence all my fears,
He lives to wipe away my tears,
He lives to calm my troubled heart,
He lives all blessings to impart.

He lives, my kind, wise, heav’nly Friend,
He lives and loves me to the end;
He lives, and while He lives, I’ll sing;
He lives, my Prophet, Priest, and King.

He lives, all glory to His name!
He lives, my Jesus, still the same.
Oh, the sweet joy this sentence gives,
“I know that my Redeemer lives!”
 
The Lord assures us that people (despite the evil one’s schemes) will come to know His hand and His might, and KNOW that HIS NAME is LORD.

“Therefore behold, I will this once cause them to know, I will cause them to know My hand and My might; and they shall know that My name is the Lord.” Jeremiah 16:21

“Dear Heavenly Father, please manifest to those who don’t know You, Your truth, and the power of Your hand, the power of Your might, and that Your Name alone reigns over all creation. In Jesus’ Name, I pray, amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment