Friday, October 8, 2021

REPENT & BELIEVE THE GOOD NEWS

“Now after John was put in prison, Jesus came to Galilee, preaching the Good News of the kingdom of God, and saying, ‘The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand. REPENT, and BELIEVE in THE GOOD NEWS.’” [1]

Many turned to the Lord through the ministry of John the Baptist. He was blessed with a large following. His imprisonment could have spoiled the momentum that was building, IF the people who heeded his preaching began to doubt the value of the movement of God’s Spirit. Jesus did not allow the movement to wane. He continued preaching, “The kingdom of God is hand. Repent and believe the Good News.” Don’t listen to the naysayers. Repent of pessimism! BELIEVE the GOOD NEWS!

The instruction of wisdom is to hold God in high regard. Don’t give into evil. Don’t succumb to humanity’s attempt to dethrone God! Don’t yield your tongue to perversities! Listen to what the Lord is saying! BELIEVE THE GOOD NEWS of HIS REIGN...

“The fear of the Lord is to hate evil; pride and arrogance and the evil way and the perverse mouth I hate. Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom; I am understanding, I have strength. By me kings reign, and rulers decree justice. By me princes rule, and nobles, all the judges of the earth. I love those who love me, and those who seek me diligently will find me. Riches and honor are with me, enduring riches and righteousness. My fruit is better than gold, yes, than fine gold, and my revenue than choice silver. I traverse the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of justice, that I may cause those who love me to inherit wealth, that I may fill their treasuries.” [2]

JESUS told His disciples that those who surrender that which is most precious to them for God and God’s work will prosper. They will receive a hundredfold blessing on earth and eternal life with God when this life is over...

“Everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or lands, for My name’s sake, shall receive a hundredfold, and inherit eternal life.” [3]

Speaking as someone who went to preach the GOOD NEWS in Hong Kong in June of 1985 with just $200 in my pocket, and a lot of faith in the goodness of God, I can say most assuredly that I have never been able to out give God. We went to Hong Kong with one baby and returned to the USA 12 years later with four children, and more than a $1,000 in our pocket. In the meantime, many lost souls heard the GOOD NEWS in Hong Kong and Guangzhou City. Many believed in JESUS. The key point here is that the Lord prospered us not for our own ego’s or vanity’s sake. He prospered us as we BELIEVED in HIS GRACE and SHARED HIS GOOD NEWS!

Let us TRUST GOD and share THE GOOD NEWS of what JESUS did for us and for the SALVATION of the WORLD!

[1] Mark 1:14-15
[2] Proverbs 8:13-21
[3] Matthew 19:29




No comments:

Post a Comment