Saturday, August 17, 2024

No More Night

During His experience in the belly of a great fish, Jonah declared, “Those who regard worthless idols forsake their own mercy.” Thank You Lord for Your mercy!

Once upon a time, a king was urged by a prophet to ask for a sign from the Lord. He did not want to ask, but the Lord gave him the sign anyway. It was a prophecy about the coming Messiah.

“The Lord spoke again to Ahaz, saying, ‘Ask a sign for yourself from the Lord your God; ask it either in the depth or in the height above.’ But Ahaz said, ‘I will not ask, nor will I test the Lord!’ Then he said, ‘Hear now, O house of David! Is it a small thing for you to weary men, but will you weary my God also? Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a Son, and shall call His Name Immanuel.’” [2]

How often do I refuse to listen to the One who is trying to bless me? Lord, please continue to give me signs pointing me to You.

“The refining pot is for silver and the furnace for gold, but the Lord tests the hearts.” [3] Thank You Lord for helping me to know where my heart is in relationship to Yours.

“There shall be no night there: They need no lamp nor light of the sun, for the Lord God gives them light. And they shall reign forever and ever.” [3] Thank You Jesus Christ for saving my soul and for bring me into Your kingdom of light and love.

For those who have had traumatic experiences in the night, how great will be there joy to enter Your kingdom where there is no more night.

[1] Jonah 2:8
[2] Isaiah 7:10-14
[3] Revelation 22:5

https://youtu.be/ZNE--CphCm8?si=VZE_aFYK420hv01T

No comments:

Post a Comment