Friday, August 2, 2024

Love God Love People

Jesus taught: “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.” [1]

As I was praying about the prophetic ministry this morning, especially thinking about the prophet of Jeremiah, the Lord reminded me of the passage above. “Love God. Love People.” That’s how the Lord summed up the passage for me!

God’s love is bigger than the moment. God’s love is about eternal life. Jeremiah warned people because God loved them. He did not want them to suffer the consequences of sin. He pointed them to the Lord. May the Lord open doors for us to do the same and graciously grant us the boldness to love as He loves.

Pray “for me, that utterance may be given to me, that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the Gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.” [2]

[1] Matthew 22:37-40
[2] Ephesians 6:19-20




No comments:

Post a Comment