Saturday, August 3, 2024

Jesus Christ is the Hero of the Story

I praise the Lord for including and preserving the writings of the prophet Jeremiah in the Bible.

I was an avid comic book reader during the early years of my life. My favorite genre of movies was about people who did great things to help others and prevailed against all the odds.

I like that God includes Jeremiah's inner thoughts as he serves the Lord. Just like in those comic books that I read so long ago, he has to weigh the cost of continuing in his service of others, 

I like that Jeremiah neither had a personal agenda for self-aggrandizement nor to make a business out of serving God. He served the Lord because he loved God and he loved people. 

Jeremiah ran the race that God set before him and finished well. The One he sought to please above all others is well pleased with him. He is with the Lord but his story continues to inspire thinkers, writers, speakers, and me to love God and love people for God’s glory alone.

Amidst warnings to his people of a coming invasion of their nation by the Babylonians, Jeremiah spoke of a day when they would enjoy a personal relationship with God.

 “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness.” [1]

 “Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will fulfill the promise I made to the house of Israel and the house of Judah. In those days and at that time I will cause a righteous Branch to spring up for David, and He shall execute justice and righteousness in the land. In those days Judah will be saved, and Jerusalem will dwell securely. And this is the name by which it will be called: ‘The Lord is our righteousness.’” [2] (A prophecy fulfilled by Jesus Christ.)

“This is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.” [3]

Thanks be to God; He sent His Son into the world to atone for our sins and has given unto us in Him the gateway to enjoy an everlasting personal relationship with God. Praise the Lord!

The hero of our story and the Savior of the world is Jesus Christ. God gives a hero’s welcome into His eternal kingdom to each person who embraces Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.

[1] Jeremiah 31:3
[2] Jeremiah 33:14-16
[3] Jeremiah 31:33

No comments:

Post a Comment