Friday, May 17, 2024

Who has Believed our Report

“Who has believed our report?” asks the Lord in Isaiah 53:1.

This morning, I was remembering a conversation with a man named Tyrone at Good Samaritan Ministries in Washington Park, Illinois. He said that he believed in a higher power but not in the God of the Bible.

The Lord brought Good News to Tyrone about loving him so much that He sent His Son Jesus Christ to die for him. To give him eternal salvation based on what Jesus did for Tyrone. He listened but did not receive the Good News. I’m praying for him and hope to see him again.

This morning, I looked up Isaiah 53:1, but then, was led to Isaiah 52:7, “How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him who brings good news, who proclaims peace, who brings glad tidings of good things, who proclaims salvation, who says to Zion, ‘Your God reigns!’” And then, I found myself unable to stop reading until I reached Isaiah chapter 58. Such Good News!

I am praying for more encounters with people who need to hear Good News, and for vigor and vim from the Holy Spirit to share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment