Sunday, May 12, 2024

Glory in the Lord!

It is in Jesus Messiah that David and his descendants are blessed.

David wanted to build a house for the Lord. The Lord commended him for his desire to build for Him, but God informed David that all blessings would flow to those who have a relationship with Him through faith in His Son – God’s Son. In Him, Jesus, would all people be blessed…

“When your days are fulfilled and you rest with your fathers, I will set up your Seed after you, who will come from your body, and I will establish His kingdom. He shall build a house for My Name, and I will establish the throne of His kingdom forever. I will be His Father, and He shall be My Son.” [1] This Son is Jesus!

Thus, Paul urges us to avoid divisions based on human personalities, saying, “Now I plead with you, brethren, by the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. For it has been declared to me concerning you, my brethren, by those of Chloe’s household, that there are contentions among you. Now I say this, that each of you says, “I am of Paul,” or “I am of Apollos,” or “I am of Cephas,” or “I am of Christ.” Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul?” [2]

The key point here is, “Was Paul crucified for you?” Was any human being or human organization without sin that it could give it’s life on the cross to atone for your sins? The answer is no. Only Jesus Messiah was without sin. Only He takes away our sin and unites us with God His Father.

God has ordained one Messiah for both Jew and Gentile. His Name is Jesus! It is to Him that all allegiance and glory is due. As Paul said, “He who glories, let him glory in the Lord.” [3]

[1] 2 Samuel 7:12-14
[2] 1 Corinthians 1:10-13
[3] 1 Corinthians 1:31




No comments:

Post a Comment