Monday, May 13, 2024

Open My Eyes that I Might See

“Awake, you who sleep, arise from the dead, and Christ will give you light.” [1]

The Lord has been leading me to pray for a spiritual awakening in America.

The Bible says, “Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him.” [2] The first commandment is to love God. When we love Him, He opens our eyes to see what we otherwise miss. “Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.” [3]

The Apostle Paul prayed for people this way, “that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe.” [4]

I’m praying like this for you my friends, for my wife, for my children, for my grandchildren, for my fellow church members, for my co-workers, for my fellow Americans, and for my fellow people on the earth today.

“Open my eyes that I may see
Glimpses of truth Thou hast for me.
Place in my hands the wonderful key
That shall unclasp and set me free.

Silently now I wait for Thee,
Ready, my God, Thy will to see.
Open my eyes; illumine me,
Spirit divine!” [5]

[1] Ephesians 5:14
[2] 1 Corinthians 2:9
[3] 1 Corinthians 2:12
[4] Ephesians 1:17-19
[5] Author: Clara H. Scott. Hymn title: “Open my eyes that I may see”

No comments:

Post a Comment