Thursday, November 23, 2023

Invitation to Dine with the King of Kings & Lord of Lords

“He brought me to the banqueting house, and His banner over me was love.” [1]

I would not be at the King of King’s table except for His love for me. He initiated this grace. I am totally unworthy of such an honor except that He who created me chose to redeem me, save me, and bring me to His marriage feast.

“You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.” [2]

My Good Shepherd treats me royally amidst those who hate me and want to destroy me. I pray that I will do the same for Him. I’m looking forward to being with Him.

“Blessed are those who are called to the marriage supper of the Lamb!” [3]

“Many will come from east and west, and sit down with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven.” [4]

Praise the Lord! Around the banqueting table I see people I have read about and talked about for many years. Now, we are feasting and talking together.

“They shall neither hunger anymore nor thirst anymore; the sun shall not strike them, nor any heat; for the Lamb who is in the midst of the throne will shepherd them and lead them to living fountains of waters. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.” [5]

I look forward to seeing the Lamb who considers my life so valuable that He died for me on a cross to atone for my sins. He resurrected and ascended to heaven to assure me that He has made a way for me to do so the same.

“’As for Mephibosheth,’ said the king, ‘he shall eat at my table like one of the king’s sons.’” [6]

Mephibosheth was a lame man. King David invited him to feast at his royal table all the days of his life. Mephibosheth means “Destroyer of Shame.” His method of destroying shame was to rest under the grace of a generous king. The king gave, he received. He is a metaphor for me who will sit at the marriage feast of the Lamb. I got there despite my obvious character flaws due to the goodness of God.

Praise to the King of Kings and Lords of Lords for His marvelous lovingkindness and grace towards me and towards all who trust in His glorious grace!

[1] Song of Solomon 2:4
[2] Psalm 23:5-6
[3] Revelation 19:9
[4] Matthew 8:11
[5] Revelation 7:16-17
[6] 2 Samuel 9:11

No comments:

Post a Comment