Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Seeing Your Children’s Children

“Unless the Lord builds the house,
They labor in vain who build it;
Unless the Lord guards the city,
The watchman stays awake in vain.
It is vain for you to rise up early,
To sit up late,
To eat the bread of sorrows;
For so He gives His beloved sleep.” [1]

What have we based our life on?
Our own abilities or the Lord’s?
What gives us a sense of security?
When is life under our control?
Or when we know the Lord is in control?

Blessed is everyone who fears the Lord,
Who walks in His ways.
When you eat the labor of your hands,
You shall be happy, and it shall be well with you.
Your wife shall be like a fruitful vine
In the very heart of your house,
Your children like olive plants
All around your table.
Behold, thus shall the man be blessed
Who fears the Lord.
Yes, may you see your children’s children.” [2]

Your wife a fruitful vine – your children olive plants – see your children’s children

In October of 1985, I was serving the Lord in Hong Kong. I prayed the above verses daily while Sherry and our baby Grace were in the USA due to health reasons. The Lord brought my fruitful vine and my olive plant back to me, and praise God, 38 years later, I am seeing my children’s children. “Thank You Jesus!”

[1] Psalm 127:1-2
[2] Psalm 128:1-4, 6

No comments:

Post a Comment