Monday, September 28, 2020

Yes, Our Lord Is Able

“I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinks upon me. You are my help and my deliverer; do not delay, O my God.” [1]

I am glad that the Lord thinks upon us. There are many aspects to our lives. We may do well in some areas and be poor and needy in other areas. I praise the Lord for helping and delivering us in a timely fashion.

The Lord says, “Look to Me, and be saved, all you ends of the earth! For I am God, and there is no other.” [2]

A Roman Centurion had successfully guided his hundred soldiers to victory after victory. He was wealthy and generous, but he could not heal his servant… the servant whom he highly valued. What did he do? He looked to Jesus. Our Lord Jesus healed that servant that very hour… “Then Jesus said to the centurion, ‘Go your way; and as you have believed, so let it be done for you.” And his servant was healed that same hour.’” [3]

Peter and Andrew, James and John were professional seamen. They had spent much of their early adult years navigating boats through stormy seas. Suddenly, a storm struck that they could not overcome. At that moment, they were poor and needy. They cried out to Jesus. They were astonished at what the Lord can do. “So the men marveled, saying, ‘Who can this be, that even the winds and the sea obey Him?’” [4]

My dear friends, I thank our Lord Jesus in advance, because no matter what situation arises in our lives, He is able and willing to help us. Glory and honor be unto Him!

[1] Psalm 40:17
[2] Isaiah 45:22
[3] Matthew 8:13
[4] Matthew 8:27

No comments:

Post a Comment