Saturday, August 10, 2019

GOD Is AWESOME!

“How can a man be righteous before God?” [1]

The Lord answered Job’s question, namely, “How can a man be righteous before God?”

After the Lord spoke to him in Job 38:1-40:2, Job replied, “Behold, I am vile; what shall I answer You? I lay my hand over my mouth. Once I have spoken, but I will not answer; Yes, twice, but I will proceed no further.” [2]

Instead of questioning God, Job listened to God.

God continued to speak to him in Job 40:6-41:36.

When he listened to God, Job realized the supremacy and the sovereignty of God and repented. He said, “I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes.” [3]

When Job changed his disposition towards God, God blessed him… “The Lord had accepted Job. And the Lord restored Job’s losses when he prayed for his friends. Indeed, the Lord gave Job twice as much as he had before.” [4]

May the Lord bless each of us with a good disposition towards Him. We could have all the riches of the world, but if we do not know God or recognize His supremacy and sovereignty, we are poor. Quite often in movies, haunted houses are depicted as dirty run down and spider infested buildings. However, the real haunted house is a palace that is clean and ornate but has people in it who have no sense of the awesomeness of God their Creator.

“The Lord blessed the latter days of Job more than his beginning…” [5]

How wonderful that God blessed Job with a close relationship with Him! The rest was just icing on the cake!

Praise the Lord! GOD is AWESOME!

[1] Job 9:2
[2] Job 40:4-5
[3] Job 42:6
[4] Job 42:9-10
[5] Job 42:12

No comments:

Post a Comment