Friday, August 11, 2017

Soul-safe in Christ’s Care

“Unto You, O Lord, do I lift up my soul.” [1]

The soul-safe place is in Christ’s care.

“For Your Name's sake, O Lord, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great.” [2]

Iniquity is a terrible sin. Iniquity is an inequality continuously happening in a relationship. One person is complaining all the time and treating the other poorly, while the other is sacrificing and treating the other with great value. We, humans, tend to demand much from God, but give Him only heartache in return. And what does God ask of us? He expects us to love mercy, be fair with one another and to walk with Him in humble way. [3] God’s two great rules of thumb are to love Him and to love people. Our Lord showed us how to love God and others in the Gospels. Praise God for pardoning our iniquity. Praise Him for giving us His Holy Spirit to help us walk as He walked… loving others more than ourselves.

“One thing have I desired of the Lord, which will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire in His temple.” [4]

I cannot think of any better gift than to see JESUS and then, be welcomed by Him into heaven forever. As the Psalmist said…

“I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.” [5]

Therefore, let us…

“Wait on the LORD:
Be of GOOD COURAGE,
And HE shall STRENGTHEN YOUR HEART:
Wait, I say, on the LORD.” [6]

[1] Psalm 25:1
[2] Psalm 25:11
[3] 
Micah 6:8
[4] Psalm 27:4
[5] Psalm 27:13
[6] Psalm 27:14

No comments:

Post a Comment