Thursday, November 24, 2022

From Insult to Praise

“No longer will I make you hear the taunts of the nations, and no longer will you suffer the scorn of the peoples or cause your nation to fall, declares the Sovereign Lord.” [1]

Have you ever been taunted or scorned? Insulted or laughed at due to your size, shape, color, ethnicity, speech, or lack of ability? The people that the prophet Ezekiel addressed experienced taunting. The Lord told them it was going to stop. What would a life without insults look like?

“I will show the holiness of My great Name, which has been profaned among the nations, the Name you have profaned among them. Then the nations will know that I am the Lord, declares the Sovereign Lord, when I am proved holy through you before their eyes.” [2]

Wait! What’s this? The people who experienced disrespect disrespected God’s great Name both by their words and deeds? Are there any nations like that today? Thankfully, God has a solution.

“I will take you out of the nations; I will gather you from all the countries and bring you back into your own land. I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols. I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put My Spirit in you and move you to follow My decrees and be careful to keep My laws.” [3]

The Lord gathered them back to their homeland. He led them to repent of their unfaithfulness to Him, namely from idolizing other non-gods and living in sin. Then, He filled them with His Holy Spirit so that they could live lives that brought praise and glory to His Name.

“Then you will remember your evil ways and wicked deeds, and you will loathe yourselves for your sins and detestable practices. I want you to know that I am not doing this for your sake, declares the Sovereign Lord. Be ashamed and disgraced for your conduct, people of Israel!” [4]

The only shame and disgrace that His people should have been concerned about was the shame and disgrace they brought to their Creator and Sustainer. To the lover of their souls!

“Heavenly Father, in Name of Your Son Jesus the Messiah, please forgive me… forgive my nation… forgive my world for the way we have treated You and Your Name. Please do anoint us with Your Holy Spirit so that we might with a new heart live to praise and glorify You.”

“Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Praise the Lord!” [5]

[1] Ezekiel 36:15
[2] Ezekiel 36:23
[3] Ezekiel 36:24-27
[4] Ezekiel 36:31-32
[5] Psalm 150:6

No comments:

Post a Comment