Sunday, January 16, 2022

The Heartbeat of Our Mission

“I was glad when they said to me, ‘Let us go into the house of the Lord.’” [1]

God’s grace! His grace attracts us to Him. To want to be in His presence! To be glad to be in His house when a worship service to Him is happening!

“Jacob was left alone; and a Man wrestled with him until the breaking of day. And He [the Man] said, ‘Let Me go, for the day breaks.’ But he [Jacob] said, ‘I will not let You go unless You bless me!’ And He [the Man] said, ‘Your name shall no longer be called Jacob, but Israel; for you have struggled with God and with men and have prevailed.’ So Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: ‘For I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.’” [2]

Jacob fought for God’s blessing. He saw God’s face and lived. The Lord blessed him.

“I will lift up my eyes to the hills—from whence comes my help? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth. The Lord shall preserve you from all evil; He shall preserve your soul. The Lord shall preserve your going out and your coming in from this time forth, and even forevermore.” [3]

Whether we acknowledge Him or not, God is the One who helps us. He made the heavens and earth, and He made us. Evil utterly and everlastingly destroys souls. God saves our souls as we trust in the amazing grace of His Son Jesus Christ for salvation. God is worthy of our praise and worship! It is good to go God’s house! To praise Him and love Him for preserving our lives in this world and in the next. And to love Him for who He is.

[1] Psalm 122:1
[2] Genesis 32:24, 26, 28, 30
[3] Psalm 121:1-2, 8

No comments:

Post a Comment