Sunday, October 25, 2020

Our Best Friend

“O Lord, You have searched me and known me.
You know my sitting down and my rising up;
You understand my thoughts from afar off.
You comprehend my path and my lying down,
And are acquainted with all my ways.” [1]

Understanding – it is wonderful to have a friend who understands us – in some cases – better than we understand ourselves. The Lord is like that. He is watching over us. He pays attention to the places we go. He is acquainted with all our ways. He is the Potter. We are the clay. We do well to invite our Heavenly Father, our best Friend, to speak into and guide our lives.

“Dear Heavenly Father, thank You for the time and attention that You give us every day of our lives. Thank You that You understand us better than anyone else, even ourselves. Thank You that You are willing to help us when we give our listening ears to You.”

“Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
And in Your book, they all were written,
The days fashioned for me,
When as yet there were none of them.
How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
How great is the sum of them!
If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand;
When I awake, I am still with You.” [2]

“Thank You Heavenly Father that You wrote our books while we were yet unformed. Thank You for sharing Your thoughts about us with us. Otherwise, we might think we were a mistake, or that we should try to be someone other than who You made us to be. Thank You for all the good thoughts that You give us about ourselves.”

“Search me, O God, and know my heart;
Try me, and know my anxieties;
And see if there is any wicked way in me,
And lead me in the way everlasting.” [3]

“Dear Heavenly Father, You know that we are prone to stress out over things that in the light of eternity do not really matter. You are what really matters to us. Our relationship with You. Please keep our minds stayed on You. For then, our minds will be at peace. For You are leading us in the way of everlasting life.”

“In Jesus’ Name, we give thanks and pray. Amen.”

[1] Psalm 139:1-3
[2] Psalm 139:16-18
[3] Psalm 139:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment