Saturday, August 29, 2020

Abiding With God

“Direct me in the path of Your commandments, for I delight in them.

Turn my heart toward Your statutes, not toward selfish gain.

Turn my eyes away from looking at worthless things. Revive me in Your ways.

Fulfill Your promise to Your servant, that You may be feared.

Take away my disgrace that I dread, for Your ordinances are good.

Behold, I long for Your precepts! Revive me in Your righteousness.

Remember Your Word to Your servant because You gave me hope.

This is my comfort in my affliction, for Your Word has revived me.

Lord, Your Word is settled in heaven forever. Your faithfulness is to all generations. You have established the earth, and it remains. Your laws remain to this day, for all things serve You.

Your Word is a lamp to my feet, and a light for my path.

Uphold me according to Your Word, that I may live. Let me not be ashamed of my hope.” [1]

“Where there is no revelation, the people cast off restraint; but one who keeps the law is blessed.” [2]

“But you, beloved, remember the words which have been spoken before by the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ. They said to you, ‘In the last time there will be mockers, walking after their own ungodly lusts.’ These are those who cause divisions and are sensual, not having the Spirit.

But you, beloved, keep building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit. Keep yourselves in God’s love, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to eternal life.” [3]

[1] Psalm 119:35-40, 49-50, 89-91, 105, 116
[2] Proverbs 29:18
[3] Jude 1:17-21

No comments:

Post a Comment