Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Faithful Ones Abounds With Blessings

I have often said, “God’s Word is the glue that holds me together. Without God’s Word I would come apart.” I post Scripture on social media because I want to share my blessings from the Lord with friends.

For example, I read in the Bible read good news of a godly governor who listened to the cries of the poor…

“We are forcing our sons and our daughters to be slaves, and some of our daughters have been brought into slavery. It is not in our power to redeem them, for other men have our lands and vineyards.” [1]

Godly Governor Nehemiah rebuked the money lenders. He said…

“What you are doing is not good. Should you not walk in the fear of our God because of the reproach of the nations, our enemies? Restore now to them, even this day, their lands, their vineyards, their olive groves, and their houses, also a hundredth of the money and the grain, the new wine, and the oil, that you have charged them.” [2]

Nehemiah shook out his garment and said, “So may God shake out each man from his house, and from his property, who does not perform this promise. Even thus may he be shaken out and emptied.” All the assembly said, “Amen!” and praised the Lord. Then the people did according to this promise.” [3] He established a law and attached to it undesirable consequences for lawbreakers.

Nehemiah and his staff did not take wages during his twelve years as governor. He said that the former governors laid heavy burdens on them. He said, “Yes, even their servants bore rule over the people, but I did not do so, because of the fear of God.” [4]

He and his servants worked with the people. He fed 150 Jews and rulers at his table daily.

He prayed, “Remember me, my God, for good, according to all that I have done for this people.” [5]

While he was appreciated by some, Nehemiah had enemies due to his rebuilding of Jerusalem. These enemies wanted to meet with him in the villages in the plain of Ono. They were like, “Oh no!” (from Ono). They thought to do him harm. Nehemiah sent messengers to them, saying, “I am doing a great work, so that I cannot come down. Why should the work cease while I leave it and go down to you?” [6]

“They sent me this message four times, and I answered them in the same manner.” “They all were trying to make us afraid, saying, ‘Their hands will be weakened in the work, and it will not be done.’ ‘Now therefore, O God, strengthen my hands.’” He was told, “They are coming to kill you; indeed, at night they will come to kill you.” He replied, “Should such a man as I flee?” [7]

Nehemiah placed the enemies of God in God’s hands. He prayed, “My God, remember Tobiah and Sanballat, according to these their works, and the prophetess Noadiah and the rest of the prophets who would have made me afraid.” And as a result, the construction was completed and Nehemiah’s enemies, “Perceived that this work was done by our God.” [8]

I read the prophetic words of Jesus, written long before He was crucified:

“For dogs have surrounded Me; the congregation of the wicked has enclosed Me. They pierced My hands and My feet; I can count all My bones. They look and stare at Me. They divide My garments among them, and for My clothing they cast lots.” [9]

Jesus sacrificed Himself for our sins. He is the best “governor” because He laid down His life for us. Jesus provides for us…

“The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.” (experience want). “He prepares a table before me in the presence of my enemies; He anoints my head with oil; my cup runs over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.” [10]

God’s Spirit of wisdom urges us to be faithful towards God and others, even as Nehemiah and Jesus were…

“Those who forsake the law praise the wicked, but such as keep the law contend with them. Evil men do not understand justice, but those who seek the Lord understand all.” [11]

“Better is the poor who walks in his integrity than one perverse in his ways, though he be rich.” [12]

“One who increases his possessions by usury and extortion gathers it for him who will pity the poor.” [13]

“A ruler who lacks understanding is a great oppressor, but he who hates covetousness will prolong his days.” [14]

“He who tills his land will have plenty of bread, but he who follows frivolity will have poverty enough!” [15]

“A faithful man will abound with blessings, but he who hastens to be rich will not go unpunished.” [16]

“He who is of a proud heart stirs up strife but he who trusts in the Lord will be prospered.” [17]

I read of the empathetic closeness of JESUS to us:

“We see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, for the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that He, by the grace of God, might taste death for everyone. For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.” [18]

“Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil.” [19]

“Therefore, in all things He had to be made like His brethren, that He might be a merciful and faithful High Priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people. For in that He Himself has suffered, being tempted, He is able to aid those who are tempted.” [20]

The Bible affirms that God is faithful, and that His faithful ones are abundantly blessed! Praise be to His Holy Name!

[1] Nehemiah 5:5
[2] Nehemiah 5:9, 11
[3] Nehemiah 5:13
[4] Nehemiah 5:15
[5] Nehemiah 5:19
[6] Nehemiah 6:2-3
[7] Nehemiah 6:4, 9-11
[8] Nehemiah 6:14, 16
[9] Psalm 22:16-18
[10] Psalm 23:1, 5-6
[11] Proverbs 28:4-5
[12] Proverbs 28:6
[13] Proverbs 28:8
[14] Proverbs 28:16
[15] Proverbs 28:19
[16] Proverbs 28:20
[17] Proverbs 28:25
[18] Hebrews 2:9-10
[19] Hebrews 2:14
[20] Hebrews 2:17-18

No comments:

Post a Comment