Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Grace that Binds My Heart to Thee

“Then one said to Him, ‘Lord, are there few who are saved?’ And He said to them, ‘Strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I say to you, will seek to enter and will not be able.’” [1]

Let us depend on the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ and the power of His Holy Spirit to enter the narrow gate as set forth in the Holy Scriptures.

“Oh, to grace how great a debtor
Daily I’m constrained to be;
Let that grace now like a fetter
Bind my wandering heart to Thee:
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it;
Prone to leave the God I love.
Here’s my heart, oh, take and seal it,
Seal it for Thy courts above.” [2]

“Yes, Lord, let Your grace bind my heart to Thee. Seal my heart to You by the power of Your Holy Spirit living in me so that, I love and serve YOU all my days.”

Thankfully, with the Lord, there is forgiveness when we fail Him.

“If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” [3]

“Lord Jesus, I confess that I am a sinner in need of Your forgiveness and cleansing from unrighteousness. Please fill me afresh with Your Spirit of love. In Your Name, Lord Jesus, I pray. Amen.”

[1] Luke 13:23-24
[2] Robert Robinson, “Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing”
[3] 1 John 1:9

No comments:

Post a Comment