Saturday, July 7, 2018

Paying a Price to Speak for God

I remember the first time that I received an honorarium for speaking at a church. I was surprised. I was thankful that a church would even let me stand in their pulpit and talk about God.

Recently, I was enjoying fellowship with another pastor, and we were talking about the state of our nation and the state of Christian witnessing in the USA. He made a joke about non-prophet organizations. That is, Christian organizations and churches that lack prophetic luster.

Micaiah spoke what God told him to speak and paid a price for it. He spoke the truth to an evil king. As a result that king ordered Micaiah to be incarcerated and to be fed with the bread and water of affliction.

“Jehoshaphat said, ‘Is there not still a prophet of the Lord here, that we may inquire of Him?’ So the king of Israel said to Jehoshaphat, ‘There is still one man by whom we may inquire of the Lord; but I hate him, because he never prophesies good concerning me, but always evil. He is Micaiah the son of Imla.’ And Jehoshaphat said, ‘Let not the king say such things!’” [1]

If ever there was a time that our nation needed to hear from the LORD, it is NOW.

“Holy Spirit of God, please help us to speak God’s Word with anointing and prophetic precision. Please make us bold to speak, like Micaiah, so whatever needs to be said is said even if we have to pay a price for it. This we pray in the Name of the Son of God, Jesus Christ. Amen!”

[1] 2 Chronicles 18:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment