Thursday, October 5, 2017

Suffering, Shepherding and Splendorous Savior

A revelation from God came to me while sitting next to “Grandma” Dunkelberger in the office of Hong Kong Youth for Christ. The year was 1985. She told me that Psalms 22, 23, 24 are prophecies of the suffering, shepherding, and splendor of Christ. These prophecies were recorded more than a thousand years prior to our Lord’s first appearance on the earth.

Psalm 22 is a prophecy of Christ’s suffering (crucifixion): “Dogs have surrounded Me; the congregation of the wicked has enclosed Me. They pierced My hands and My feet; I can count all My bones. They look and stare at Me. They divide My garments among them, and for My clothing they cast lots.” [1]

Psalm 23 is a prophecy of Christ as a shepherd amidst His sheep: “The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His Name’s sake. Yes, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; my cup runs over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.” [2] The goal of our Savior is to guide us to be with God forever.

Psalm 24 is prophecy of Christ’s future return from heaven to earth: “Lift up your heads, O you gates! And be lifted up, you everlasting doors! And the King of glory shall come in. Who is this King of glory? The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle. Lift up your heads, O you gates! Lift up, you everlasting doors! And the King of glory shall come in.” [3] Praise the Lord!

Between His two appearances, the Gospel shall be preached to the world: “All the ends of the world shall remember and turn to the Lord, and all the families of the nations shall worship before You. For the kingdom is the Lord’s, and He rules over the nations.” [4]

I am very grateful to our Lord Jesus Christ for suffering on the cross to atone for my sins, for being my good and faithful shepherd, and for returning in glory to receive me into His Father’s splendorous house.

He extends this invitation to you as well: “To as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His Name.” [5]

[1] Psalm 22:16-18
[2] Psalm 23
[3] Psalm 24:7-9
[4] Psalm 22:27-28
[5] John 1:12

No comments:

Post a Comment