Saturday, August 6, 2016

Exalting the Goodness of the Lord

“Blessed is the one You discipline, Lord, the one You teach from Your law; You grant them relief from days of trouble, till a pit is dug for the wicked.” [1]

Discipline is good. Instructions are good. Being teachable is vital for mastering a skill. One aspect of learning is tenacity. The wicked one does not want a disciple of Jesus to grow in his or her likeness of the Lord. Thankfully, the Lord grants His disciples relief from days of trouble caused by the wicked one, and at the same time, the Lord prepares a pit for the wicked. During the Millenium, the devil is bound with a chain and cast into a pit for a thousand years while the saints enjoy reigning with Christ. [2] I like that!

“Unless the Lord had given me help, I would soon have dwelt in the silence of death. When I said, ‘My foot is slipping,’ Your unfailing love, Lord, supported me. When anxiety was great within me, Your consolation brought me joy.” [3]

I am delivered from death. I did not fall because the Lord’s unfailing love kept me upright. The Lord sends me joy to console me. He delivers me from harmful anxieties.

“Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation. Let us come before Him with thanksgiving and extol Him with music and song. For the Lord is the great God, the great King above all gods.” [4]

The Lord is worthy to be exalted. He is worthy of our songs and shouts. We should sing to the Lord. We should shout out, “THANK YOU LORD!” He is our Savior!

“Sing to the Lord, praise His name; proclaim His salvation day after day. Declare His glory among the nations, His marvelous deeds among all peoples.” [5]

Let us take the songs and praises of the Lord to the nations. “In our lives Lord, be glorified! May all nations hears of Your marvelous deeds.”

[1] Psalm 94:12-13
[2] Revelation 20:1-6
[3] Psalm 94:17-19
[4] Psalm 95:2-3
[5] Psalm 96:2-3

No comments:

Post a Comment