Sunday, June 21, 2015

Resolve To Reach

My high school classmate asked me what I was drawing. I had drawn a picture of Jesus on the cross. I was reluctant to show him but because he prodded me, I did so. He asked me, “Why did you draw that?” The teacher looked our way and told us to be quiet. The moment passed, and I did not think to say anything to him after class was over. Sadly, a couple of days later, I learned that he (Timothy James) was killed in a car accident.

On the one hand, a horrible memory! Involving the death of a young classmate! On the other hand, a memory that reminds me of the necessity of sharing the good news of the Gospel!

Jesus our Lord said, “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” [1] Spread the faith, include the new believer in your discipleship group, and know the Lord is always with you in this effort! 

God asks us, “How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written: ‘How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the Gospel of peace, who bring glad tidings of good things!’” [2]

We have good news to share with people. The good news is, “God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” [3]

“Dear Heavenly Father, please stir in us a holy passion to share the Gospel with that someone who does not know You. Please endue us with Holy Spirit resolve to reach that him or her before it is too late. I pray this in the Name of Jesus. Amen.”

[1] Matthew 28:19-20
[2] Romans 10:14-15
[3] John 3:16

No comments:

Post a Comment