Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Praise the Lord!

Has someone ever advocated for you? They spoke up for you? They defended you? They asked those in authority to open a door of opportunity for you? Perhaps, you only discovered years later that your advocate was not the person who you imagined it was.

During an extreme trial, one man lamented, “Oh, that one might plead for a man with God, as a man pleads for his neighbor! For when a few years are finished, I shall go the way of no return.” [1] He felt his life was at its end. Could someone pray for him?

Someone was advocating for him. God was! At the end of his trial, he received a double blessing from God (See Job chapter 42).

God is our advocate. He is for us. Daily He is on our side.

Three simple and often repeated words in the Bible are: “Praise the Lord!”

Good advice! As we praise the Lord, His light brightens our day.

PRAISE THE LORD! He knit me together in my mother’s womb! [2]

PRAISE THE LORD! I am fearfully made! [3]

PRAISE THE LORD! He knows my name and the number of hairs on my head! [4]

PRAISE THE LORD! He meets my daily needs and gives me extra to share. [5]

PRAISE THE LORD! He walks and talks with me. [6]

PRAISE THE LORD! He sent His Son into the world to atone for my sins. [7]

PRAISE THE LORD! He gives His Spirit to advocate for me. [8]

PRAISE THE LORD! He has given me eternal life. [9]

I like what the Apostle James wrote: “Of His [God’s] own will He brought us forth by the Word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures. Therefore… receive with meekness the implanted Word, which is able to save your souls.” [10] Praise the Lord! He brought me into His family by revealing Himself to me via His Word – the Bible.

Personal Testimony:

Once while my family was serving the Lord in Hong Kong, our financial resources were down to 100 Hong Kong dollars (US$12.50). We were a family of six. A fellow missionary noticed that I was looking downcast and asked me what was wrong. After I told her our situation, she remarked, “Well, let’s stop and thank God for that 100 Hong Kong dollars, that’s more than enough for today.” so, we did, and it was, and here I am more than 30 years later doing just fine. Praise the Lord!

[1] Job 16:21-22
[2] Psalm 139:13
[3] Psalm 139:14
[4] Matthew 10:30
[5] Matthew 6:25-33
[6] Luke 24:13-17
[7] 1 John 2:2
[8] John 14:26
[9] John 3:16
[10] James 1:18, 21

No comments:

Post a Comment