Saturday, July 20, 2024

Love God

The first commandment is to love God.

How often in the context of examining our wins and losses in life are we asking ourselves, “Have I loved God?” “Do I love God?”

Yes, I do, but I want to be more focused on this character trait than I have been in the past.

I am asking the Lord to help me be a better lover of people as well since Jesus said that this is the second commandment, and is like unto the first.

“Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.” Matthew 22:36-40

No comments:

Post a Comment