Friday, March 24, 2023

The Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit

“’If you love Me, keep My commandments. And I will pray to the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever—the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.” [1]

If you love Me…, do I love Jesus? Do you? Yes, I do.
My Lord’s love language is obedience to His commands, so I will make it my aim to obey Him. And what does my Lord Jesus do to help me in my effort to love Him? He gives me a Helper to abide with me always. The Spirit of Truth! He does not give His Holy Spirit to worldly people, but as for me, as for you who want to speak His love language of commandment-keeping, He does not leave us without help, He gives us His Holy Spirit.


“He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.” [2]

How does the Lord manifest Himself to us who love Him and who express our love for Him by keeping His commandments? He and the Father manifest (reveal) themselves to us by the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit.

“Judas (not Iscariot) said to Him, “’Lord, how is it that You will manifest Yourself to us, and not to the world?’ Jesus answered and said to him, ‘If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.’” [3]

The Father and Son love us and come to us and make their home with us by the third person in the Trinity: the Holy Spirit.

“These things I have spoken to you while being present with you. But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.” [4]

The Holy Spirit is our Teacher from the Father and the Son. He helps us remember all things that Jesus taught us so that we are made complete in Christ.

I would appreciate your prayers. I have a message and power point about the Holy Spirit for this Sunday. My goal is that He would have freedom to speak truth to us from the Father and Son via God’s Holy Word: the Bible.

[1] John 14:15-18
[2] John 14:21
[3] John 14:22-23
[4] John 14:25-26

No comments:

Post a Comment