Friday, March 10, 2023

Overwhelmed by God’s love, grace and Holy Spirit

“And now, Israel, what does the Lord your God require of you, but to fear the Lord your God, to walk in all His ways and to love Him, to serve the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, and to keep the commandments of the Lord and His statutes which I command you today for your good?

Therefore love the stranger, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt.” [1]

As I read these verses, the great commission of Jesus Christ came to mind. See Matthew 28:19-20. When I am filled with a holy awe of my Creator and embrace His ways because His Spirit has filled me with love for Him, the next thing that happens to me is that I want to tell others about Him, especially those around me like the strangers… those who do not know the love of God. They don’t know that God is their Heavenly Father and that He sent His Son into the world to become an atoning sacrifice for their sins. They don’t know that He resurrected from the dead, ascended to heaven and is returning again. They don’t know about the blessed Holy Spirit who He sent to indwell and empower those who believe in Jesus Christ. They need someone to introduce them to the Triune God - the Father, the Son and Holy Spirit.

So, I am praying for those around me and especially for the strangers to the Trinity that He might use my life to introduce them (him or her) to Him.

“Heavenly Father, please overwhelm those who don’t know You with Your love, grace and Holy Spirit. This I pray in the Name of Jesus Christ Your Son. Amen.”

[1] Deuteronomy 10:12-13, 19

No comments:

Post a Comment