Friday, February 18, 2022

He will Save the Children of the Needy

“He will save the children of the needy.” [1]

The Lord blessed me to find movies on YouTube this week that told the stories of ladies who successfully helped needy children.

Surprisingly, the first movie “Who Will Love My Children,” starred Ann Margaret playing the part of Lucile Fray. Lucile was a mother of 10 children. She lived in Ottumwa, Iowa. She had terminal cancer. Her husband was an alcoholic. Lucile ensures each of her children are placed with good parents. It is a true story. This movie was released on February 14, 1983. Ann Margaret won a Golden Globe Award for best performance in a movie made for television.

“You are my hope, O Lord God;
You are my trust from my youth.
By You I have been upheld from birth;
You are He who took me out of my mother’s womb.
My praise shall be continually of You.” [2]

The second movie, “My 100 Children,” is the story of a holocaust survivor, young teacher and psychologist, Lena Kuchler. She established a home for surviving children from eastern Poland. Due to violent anti-Semitic attacks on the house, Lena had to flee with her 100 children out of Poland. Eventually, she resettled the children in Israel. In 1959, Lena Kuchler published “My Hundred Children”, the first of her best-selling books, which was translated into 14 languages.

These two movies reminded me of the times the Lord provided for me RICH experiences to serve orphans in China, Vietnamese refugees in Hong Kong and Kurdish, Burmese, and Latin American refugees in Nashville. They praised the Lord for His help!

“The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me,
Because He has anointed Me
To preach the Gospel to the poor;
He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted...” [3]

“Amen. Even so come Lord Jesus!”

[1] Psalm 72:4
[2] Psalm 71:5-6
[3] Luke 4:18

No comments:

Post a Comment