Saturday, September 25, 2021

Faith in Good News

“The time has come. The kingdom of God has come near. Repent and believe the good news!” [1]

The Kingdom of God was near in the person of Jesus Christ. Jesus told the disciples of John the Baptist... “The blind receive sight, the lame walk, those who have leprosy are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and the good news is proclaimed to the poor.” [2]

What was needed then, and what is needed now is repentance and faith in the Good News.

What is the Good News?

The Good News is that God so loves the world that He sent His Son Jesus into the world to die for our sins and to resurrect from the dead so that we may have a happily ever afterlife with God.

This Good News should not be glossed over. Should not be put on a shelf! Should not be taken for granted! Should not be doubted! It is to be believed!

Jesus has written your name in the Book of Life! Why? Because you simply believe that Jesus Christ is the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world, and your sin. Your confidence is in His merits not your own. We KNOW that He has made His eternity our eternity as well.

Jesus said, “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in Me. My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with Me that you also may be where I am.” [3]

Jesus prepares a place for each of us who believe in Him! It’s a place in His Father’s house. We get to be with the Father of all life and the Father of all creation forever and ever.

Let us pray...

“Teach me Your way, Lord, that I may rely on Your faithfulness; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear Your Name. I will praise You, Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify Your Name forever. For great is Your love toward me; You have delivered me from the depths, from the realm of the dead.” [4]

[1] Mark 1:15
[2] Matthew 11:5
[3] John 14:1-3
[4] Psalm 86:11-13

No comments:

Post a Comment