Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Praise God for His Word

I praise God for His Word!

This morning, I woke up with thoughts of how during His earthly ministry, Jesus experienced abandonment and rejection. Many disciples split off from Him. [1] His twelve disciples forsook and fled from Him when He was arrested. [2] These incidents seem to indicate that Jesus was not a good leader. He could not hold people together. Even those who were closest to Him. But after His resurrection, and after He baptized His disciples in the Holy Spirit, the number of His disciples grew incredibly. Good disciples! Dedicated disciples!

I pray the Lord will revive His Church in these last of the last days.

Many builders have rejected Christ. They do not want to talk about Jesus. They do not want to be associated with people who are overly enthusiastic about Him. They are making a big mistake.

“The Stone which the builders rejected has become the chief cornerstone. This was the Lord’s doing; it is marvelous in our eyes. This is the day the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.” [3]

Jesus Christ is the Chief Cornerstone. His Word is good counsel. King David highly regarded the Word of the Lord. He asked the Lord to help him to always cherish God’s Word.

“Incline my heart to Your testimonies,
And not to covetousness.
Turn away my eyes from looking at worthless things,
And revive me in Your way.

I am a companion of all who fear You,
And of those who keep Your precepts.

The law of Your mouth is better to me
than thousands of coins of gold and silver.

Unless Your law had been my delight,
I would then have perished in my affliction.

How sweet are Your words to my taste,
Sweeter than honey to my mouth!

Your word is a lamp to my feet
And a light to my path.

I hate the double-minded,
But I love Your law.
You are my hiding place and my shield;
I hope in Your word.
Depart from me, you evildoers,
For I will keep the commandments of my God!

The entrance of Your words gives light;
It gives understanding to the simple.

Look upon me and be merciful to me,
As Your custom is toward those who love Your name.
Direct my steps by Your word,
And let no iniquity have dominion over me.

I am small and despised,
Yet I do not forget Your precepts.

Consider my affliction and deliver me,
For I do not forget Your law.

Plead my cause and redeem me;
Revive me according to Your word.

I see the treacherous, and am disgusted,
Because they do not keep Your word.

Consider how I love Your precepts;
Revive me, O Lord, according to Your lovingkindness.

Princes persecute me without a cause,
But my heart stands in awe of Your Word.
I rejoice at Your word
As one who finds great treasure.

Great peace have those who love Your law,
And nothing causes them to stumble.

My lips shall utter praise,
For You teach me Your statutes.” [4]

David did not want to be beholden to ungodly behaviors such as covetousness, worthless pursuits, double mindedness, evil deeds, and treachery. He wanted to be a companion with God-fearers, a keeper of God’s precepts, a delighter in God’s law, a follower in Lord’s footsteps, a rejoicing person in God’s Word, and a praising person of God.

“Dear Lord Jesus, thank You for Your Word. Please help us to always delight-in and praise You for Your Word. It is in Your Name I pray. Amen.”

[1] John 6:66
[2] Mark 14:50
[3] Psalm 118:22-24

[4]
Psalm 119:36-37, 63, 72, 92, 103, 105, 113-115, 130, 132-133, 141, 153-154, 158-159, 161-162, 165, 171

No comments:

Post a Comment