Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Holiness to the Lord

Holiness to the Lord
קדושה ליהוה
對主的聖潔
Santidad a Yahvé
യഹോവെക്കു വിശുദ്ധം

“For this is the will of God, Your sanctification: that you should abstain from sexual immorality; that each of you should know how to possess His own vessel in sanctification and honor, not in passion of lust, like the Gentiles who do not know God; that no one should take advantage of and defraud his brother in this matter, because the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also forewarned you and testified. For God did not call us to uncleanness, but in holiness.” [1]“Who may ascend into the hill of the Lord? Or who may stand in His holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who has not lifted up his soul to an idol, nor sworn deceitfully. He shall receive blessing from the Lord, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.” [2]

“Holy Spirit, please grant us the discernment, wisdom, and conviction to shun evil and cling to holiness. In Jesus’ Name I pray.”

“If on my soul a trace of sin remains, if on my hands a stain may yet be seen; if one dark thought a wearied mind retains, oh wash me, Lord, till every part be clean. For I would live that men may see Thyself in me, I would in faith ascend Thy holy hill, and with my thoughts in tune with Thy divinity, would learn how best to do Thy holy will.” [3]

[1] 1 Thessalonians 4:3-7
[2] Psalm 24:3-5
[3] Salvation Army Songbook Chorus #72 (1987 ed.)

No comments:

Post a Comment