Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Testimony from the National Evangelism Seminar

“Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him. Even so, I will defend my own ways before Him. He also shall be my salvation, for a hypocrite could not come before Him. I know that I shall be vindicated. Who is he who will contend with me?” [1]

During our small group gathering, we each shared our salvation testimony. What surprised me was the commonality of content among us. There were four of us among the nine who had been brought up in religious homes where we tried to measure up to God and others in our own strength. That was impossible! We reaped deep despair!

Prior to being born again, we perceived God to be an angry overseer who was never happy with us. The enemy of our souls told us that the best option was to self-destruct. However, the real JESUS reached out to us and revealed Himself to be the source of true love, peace, comfort, and joy. Asking Jesus Christ to save us yielded the gift of blessed assurance... God loves us, wants us, and has secured an eternal home for us through faith in Jesus Christ His Son.

One person in our group said that the following Bible verses helped him to see the light, “For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die. But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” [2]

Now, thanks to Jesus, our lives are meaningful, enjoyable and producing good fruit in both our lives and in the lives of others.

[1] Job 13:15-16, 18-19
[2] Romans 5:6-8

No comments:

Post a Comment