Friday, May 11, 2018

The Divinity of Christ and His Saving Grace

In his letter to the Christians in Galatia, Paul wrote that his apostleship was not from or through man but through Jesus Christ and God the Father. Thus, he placed Christ on equal status with God the Father. “Paul, an apostle (not from men nor through man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father who raised Him from the dead)” [1]

He named Christ as Deliver when he wrote, “Christ gave Himself for our sins, that He might deliver us from this present evil age...” [2]

He declared Christ divine when he wrote, “The Gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.” [3]

Jesus Christ is more than a man. He is the Son of God. He is Emmanuel. God with us!

Christ revealed Himself to Paul for the sake of saving him from his sins and to call Paul to be his ambassador to the world. Paul wrote…

“For you have heard of my former conduct in Judaism, how I persecuted the church of God beyond measure and tried to destroy it. But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother’s womb and called me through His grace, to reveal His Son in me, that I might preach Him among the Gentiles…” [4]

Paul was against Christ and Christians, that is, until Christ revealed Himself to Paul. After that divine encounter, Paul, a Hebrew of Hebrews, preached the Gospel to the Gentiles (the non-Jews). He was a different man with a different purpose.

People were saying, “He who formerly persecuted us now preaches the faith which he once tried to destroy.” [5]

I praise God for His grace. Christ is still revealing Himself to unworthy sinners and calling us to be His messengers today. To God be the glory!

[1] Galatians 1:1
[2] Galatians 1:4
[3] Galatians 1:11-12
[4] Galatians 1:13-16
[5] Galatians 1:23

No comments:

Post a Comment