Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Blessed

I am extremely blessed because of the Lord’s steadfast love for me and for the people of my race - the human race.

When I consider all that the Lord has done and is still doing daily... I am amazed at His great love for us.

Recently, I’ve been thinking how our Lord Jesus died for us when we did not deserve such lavish love. And yet He lives and intercedes for us at the Father’s right hand.

What the prophet Isaiah said of Israel in his days is true of what the Lord is doing for us:

“I have stretched out My hands all day long to a rebellious people, who walk in a way that is not good, according to their own thoughts.” (1)

The Lord has chosen to love rebellious people. People who betray His love. How can He refrain from legal action against us when we have disrespected and mistreated Him over and over again? We have all failed Him.

In the light of who we are and how we behave towards Him, I stand in awe of our Triune God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

“Thank You Lord for your steadfast love, Your forgiveness and for all the blessings that You give to us when we do not deserve them. To You alone be all glory, praise and honor. In Jesus’ Name. I pray. Amen.”

(1) Isaiah 65:2

No comments:

Post a Comment