Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Praying for Nearness to Our Lord

“Do not remember the sins of my youth and my rebellious ways; according to Your love remember me, for You, Lord, are good.” [1]

Let us pray for the Lord to forgive our sins and rebellious ways. Such behavior creates distance in any relationship. Let us pray that the Lord will remember us in accordance with His love and goodness. His love and goodness brings us near to Him.

May integrity and uprightness protect me because my hope, Lord, is in You.” [2]

Let us pray for integrity and uprightness from the Lord to replace our sinful and rowdy ways. Why? Because we hope to see the Lord in the beauty of His holiness.

“Lord, I love the house where You live, the place where Your glory dwells. Do not take away my soul along with sinners, my life with those who are bloodthirsty, in whose hands are wicked schemes, whose right hands are full of bribes.” [3]

Again the issue is nearness with God. We love the place where God’s glory dwells. We don’t want our soul joined to sinners who like to kill, deceive, and exploit people.

“One thing I ask from the Lord, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the Lord and to seek Him in His temple.” [4]

O to be near to God, even to live in His house all our days! To see Him in the place of beauty!

My heart says of You, ‘Seek His face!’ Your face, Lord, I will seek.” [5]

As the Holy Spirit prompts us to seek God’s face, let us immediately seek Him.

“I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.” [6]

Let us pray confidently about enjoying God’s goodness among those who are alive.

“Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.” [7]

Don’t be impatient! Be strong! The Lord will answer your prayer to be near to Him.

[1] Psalm 25:7
[2] Psalm 25:21
[3] Psalm 26:8-10
[4] Psalm 27:4
[5] Psalm 27:8
[6] Psalm 27:13
[7] Psalm 27:14

No comments:

Post a Comment