Wednesday, March 30, 2016

TWO THINGS I ASK

The Bible contains curses and blessings. God’s heart is to bless us. He is, however, willing to let us suffer a lesser pain (earthly pain) to avoid a greater pain (eternal condemnation). It hurts to love someone who disregards you. The Lord blesses those who love Him as well as those who love their neighbor.

“If you fully obey the Lord your God and carefully follow all His commands I give you today, the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations on earth. All these blessings will come on you and accompany you if you obey the Lord your God. However, if you do not obey the Lord your God and do not carefully follow all His commands and decrees I am giving you today, all these curses will come on you and overtake you.” [1]

We want the Lord's blessings don't we?

When Sherry first married me, she often prayed the following prayer, “Two things I ask of you, Lord; do not refuse me before I die: keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread. Otherwise, I may have too much and disown You and say, ‘Who is the Lord?’ Or I may become poor and steal, and so dishonor the name of my God.” [2]

I am thankful for the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ that moved Him to start a relationship with me. He gave me a godly wife. He compels us to read His Word, to pray and to serve Him daily. These are His undeserved blessings to us. I am thankful to our Heavenly Father for His promise of eternal paradise with Him based on the saving merits of His Son Jesus Christ.

Blessing, glory and honor be to His Holy Name!

[1] Deuteronomy 28:1-2, 15
[2] Proverbs 30:7-9





No comments:

Post a Comment