Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Our Loving Doting Heavenly Father

“The Lord thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; He will save, He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing.” [1]

Of all the wonderful experiences that our loving doting Heavenly Father has granted me, being a husband, father and grandfather are roles that evoke much joy, love and singing from me. I find myself singing about Sherry, my wife, almost daily. Once, I even converted the national anthem into a love song to her. I enjoy seeing her smile. When I hear from one of our children or grandchildren, my day brightens, especially when we FaceTime.

The Heavenly Father has redeemed my life from the pit of sin and despair and granted me the blessing of delighting in being a doting husband, father, and grandfather.

“Thank You Heavenly Father for filling my life with rejoicing! Thank You for Your love. Thank You for sharing Your songs with me.”

Praise be to God our Father for His great love for us. Jesus is the expressed image of God. [2] If we have seen Jesus in the Gospels, we have seen the Father. [3] Jesus is the image of the invisible God. [4]

Think of how Jesus His Son did not defend Himself when the people preferred the murderer Barabbas before Him. How could God rejoice with joy and singing over such people?

Jesus did not defend Himself against those who hated Him because He wanted to save them. If He defended Himself, He could not save Barabbas. The criminal Barabbas in the Passion Story represents the human race. We all have sinned and fallen short of God’s glory. [5] “There is none righteous, no not one.” [6] We deserved to be hated not rejoiced over, but the Lord died for our sins because He loves us and wants to save us.

Our Heavenly Father is a doting Father... He delights to sing over us with joy. His promise still stands forgiveness of sins and renewal in His image if we believe in His Son. Christ still pours the pure love of the Holy Spirit into us as we trust in Him. [7]

In the power of the Holy Spirit, we too can rejoice with joy over people as our Heavenly Father does, Jesus took on our nature so that we can experience His divine nature by His grace. The joy of our Loving Doting Heavenly Father! Amen! Alleluia!

[1] Zephaniah 3:17
[2] Hebrews 1:3
[3] John 14:9
[4] Colossians 1:15
[5] Romans 3:23
[6] Romans 3:10
[7] Romans 5:5

No comments:

Post a Comment