Sunday, September 13, 2015

No to Torment Yes to Jesus

“’Let not your heart be troubled: you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. And where I go you know, and the way you know.’

Thomas said to him, ‘Lord, we know not where You go; and how can we know the way?’ Jesus said to him, ‘I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.’” [1]

What a wonderful promise! Jesus has went to His Father’s house to prepare a place for us so that we may be with Him forever.

Last night, a dream brought me to my knees. Sherry woke up and prayed as well. We prayed for as many people as came to mind.

In the dream, I was in a carnival setting, but I did not want to be there. As I tried to leave, the carnival people kept throwing snakes and candy at me. These things attached themselves to me so that I had to rip them off. In the dream, I did not think to call on the Lord. I tried to leave the place of torment in my own strength but could not escape.

When I woke up, I felt the chill of evil in the room, so that is when I rolled out of bed and onto my knees to pray. Sherry did too. Praise the Lord, as we prayed, Jesus rebuked the evil one. Then, we prayed for our children, grandchildren, parents, siblings, congregational members, neighbors, spiritual leaders, our nation, and the people of the world. We prayed that none would end up in the place of torment where there is no escape and where it is too late to be saved by JESUS.

Jesus has given a wonderful promise to everyone who believes in Him: an eternity with Him in His Father’s house. Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life for everyone who believes.

“Lord Jesus, please help all who read this message to realize the value of Your great salvation, repent of sin, call upon Your Name, and follow You by living according to Your Word all their days.”

[1] John 14:1-6







No comments:

Post a Comment