Thursday, September 19, 2013

Repentance & Forgiveness

“A person’s own folly leads to their ruin, yet their heart rages against the Lord.” [1]

“Heavenly Father, please forgive me for the times that I have ruined lives. Please change me by Your grace with wisdom, meekness, humility, and integrity. In the Name of Your Son Jesus Christ I pray. Amen.”

“Make every effort to live in peace with everyone and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord.” [2]

“Heavenly Father, I am not at peace with __________. Please help me to live peacefully with ___________. In the Name of Your Son Jesus Christ I pray. Amen.”

“See to it that no one falls short of the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many.” [3]

“Heavenly Father, I do not want to fall short of Your grace by failing to forgive the one who has sinned against me. Please uproot that bitter root from me. Don’t let me trouble and defile people. Please grant me to drink of the river of life that flows from Your throne of grace. The one that makes me gracious like You are gracious! I want life, not death, to flow from me. In the Name of Your Son Jesus Christ I pray. Amen.”

“See that no one is sexually immoral, or is godless like Esau, who for a single meal sold his inheritance rights as the oldest son. Afterward, as you know, when he wanted to inherit this blessing, he was rejected. Even though he sought the blessing with tears, he could not change what he had done.” [4]

“Heavenly Father, without Your help, I choose temporary pleasures over eternal ones. Please keep me mindful that a day is coming when it will be too late to change what I have done. It will be too late to wish that I had made choices for eternity. Help me to choose Your ways. In the Name of Your Son Jesus Christ I pray. Amen.”

“If You, Lord, should mark iniquities, O Lord, who could stand? But there is forgiveness with You, that You may be feared.” [5]

“O Almighty God, merciful Father, I a poor, miserable sinner, confess to You all my sins and iniquities with which I have ever offended You and justly deserved Your punishment now and forever. But I am heartily sorry for them and sincerely repent of them, And I pray You of Your boundless mercy, and for the sake of the holy, innocent, bitter sufferings and death of Your beloved Son, Jesus Christ, to be gracious and merciful to me, a poor sinful being.” [6]

What does the Lord say about His forgiveness?

He says, “If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” [7]

[1] Proverbs 19:3
[2] Hebrews 12:14
[3] Hebrews 12:15
[4] Hebrews 12:16-17
[5] Psalm 130:3-4
[6] The Lutheran Service Book, © 2006
[7] 1 John 1:8-9

No comments:

Post a Comment