Monday, June 10, 2024

Hear the Word of the Lord

“And I, Daniel, fainted and was sick for days; afterward I arose and went about the king’s business. I was astonished by the vision, but no one understood it.” [1]

Daniel had been given a vision by God of a time of great peril for people. It made him sick to think of what some people would do to others. The phrase, “No one understood it” applies in more ways than one. Without God’s Spirit providing discernment, no one can understand the meaning and application of such prophetic utterances, and without God’s Spirit, people lack the will to want know about such things, but God gave us these warnings because He loves us, and cares about us.

The Lord Jesus is saying to His churches, “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give to eat from the tree of life, which is in the midst of the Paradise of God.” [2]

As for me, I too am unsettled, as I consider that the Lord Jesus has provided so many words to prepare for us the eternity that is coming, but so few are heeding, being caught up in the pleasures of this temporary life. “Lord, please help us to hear, understand, and act on Your Word.”

[1] Daniel 8:27
[2] Revelation 2:
7

No comments:

Post a Comment