Friday, March 22, 2024

Let Not Your Heart Be Troubled

“Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.” [1]

Believing in God the Father and believing in His Son Jesus Christ does calm my heart when it is troubled. The sure promise of a home with God, prepared by Jesus who died on the cross for my sin comforts me. He has prepared a place for me, and at the right moment, He will come for me.

“I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever—the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.” [2]

What’s more, I am never without help in this journey called life. The Spirit of truth abides with me. I am not an orphan. My Heavenly Father mentors me, encourages me, corrects me, and enlightens me by His ever-abiding Holy Spirit.

“If anyone loves Me, he will keep My Word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.” [3]

Indeed, I am blessed to enjoy mountaintop experiences with God as I read His Word, walk with His Word as one does a friend, and experience His loving presence. I have a goodly heritage of those who love His Name. In fact, recently, as I was considering the suffering of the prophet Jeremiah, the Lord revealed to me that he was never alone. His fellowship was with God, and with the people of God who went before him such as Moses, Samuel, David, and Elijah. Their words and personalities still live on via the Bible. His fellowship is with me, as I read his words. His voice continues to live and nurture many people via the printed page.

“These things I have spoken to you while being present with you. But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My Name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. Peace, I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.” [4]

Yes, whenever my heart is troubled, I just stop, and wait. Yes, there He is! My Helper! The Holy Spirit! Such peace! Such joy! Such hope! Such love that my heart is able to love again, and give again, and God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is glorified! Praise the Lord!

[1] John 14:1-3
[2] John 14:16-18
[3] John 14:23
[4] John 14:25-27

No comments:

Post a Comment