Sunday, November 24, 2019

A Great Army

Dry bones now a great army
Stony hearts now hearts of flesh
Spirit of the Lord move!
Bring forth renewal

Lord, speak Your Word
Breathe Your breath
Sprinkle with clean water
Create new hearts

“The hand of the Lord came upon me and brought me out in the Spirit of the Lord and set me down amidst the valley; and it was full of bones. And He said to me, ‘Son of man, can these bones live?’

So, I answered, ‘O Lord God, You know.’

Again, He said to me, ‘Prophesy to these bones, and say to them, O dry bones, hear the word of the Lord!’

So, I prophesied as I was commanded; and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and suddenly a rattling; and the bones came together, bone to bone. Indeed, as I looked, the sinews and the flesh came upon them, and the skin covered them over; but there was no breath in them.

Also, He said to me, ‘Prophesy to the breath, prophesy, son of man, and say to the breath, Thus, says the Lord God: Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe on these slain, that they may live.’ So, I prophesied as He commanded me, and breath came into them, and they lived, and stood upon their feet, an exceedingly great army.” [1]

“I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols. I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them.” [2]

[1] Ezekiel 37:1, 3-4, 7-10
[2] Ezekiel 36:25-27

No comments:

Post a Comment